Don't Read If You're Prone to Blubbering

My friend Pete and I went to a little plaice to experience something that is completely shunned by western society – eating whale.
The restaurant and its proud owner!
The Decor
Apparently they only eat whales that they “accidentally” catch while fishing.
The Menu
It was the most expensive meal I have had in Korea, costing me almost £20 and we only shared a small plate between us. Beer and soju were also a must!
The side dishes (above) were some of the best I’ve had. Cucumbers, Korean savoury pancake and garlic shoots were the highlights.
Whale Meat
We ate the back, belly, tail / flipper, intestine, sausage (??), tongue and ribs. Generally it was very fishy and also very very fatty – pretty much all blubber. The fat wasn’t crispy enough for my liking and was too slimy and also not chewy enough for me to enjoy fully. The meat was good. It tasted like a cross between a tuna steak and a pate.

The tongue was fairly good, a bit more chewy and meaty. The intestines were very fishy and the tail was all fat and wasn’t that great. We didn’t finish it all though, which was a shame!
I’m sorry if this offends you, I didn’t do it on porpoise. I guess I’m a little shellfish when it comes to these things.

In all seriousness though, this is the first time I have felt guilty days after I have eaten something. I certainly wouldn't eat it again and I would think twice about the next controversial food I try...